When designing a gutter and downspout system, you can take control of the situation by deciding where the water should be drained around your home. By looking at the slope of the ground near your house, you can decide where you should take the water to minimize the damage it can do to your structure. The exact design of your gutter and downspout system will depend on a number of factors, so working with an experienced professional is the best idea to ensure top-notch performance.
Protect the Roof
If you have a gutter system on your house that is not working properly, you could find that water is backing up onto your roof – where it can do major damage. To protect residential roofing over the long term, homeowners need to make sure that water is getting off of it as quickly as possible. By having a good gutter system installed, and then caring for that system with regular maintenance, you should be able to get water off of your roof fast enough to prevent it from doing any kind of long term damage.
Dealing with water is one of the most important things that you can do in the care of your house. Water has the potential to be incredibly damaging when it is found in places where it doesn’t belong, so using gutters and downspouts to control it successfully is a wise choice.
The Benefits of Gutters
The importance of properly installed and maintained gutters can’t be stressed enough. Every house should have gutters, and in recent years building officials across the land have been recognizing this. Many municipalities around the country are now requiring gutters on all new residential construction. Here’s why rain gutters are so important:
- Soil around the house is stabilized
- Foundation problems can be avoided
- Flooding under houses and in basements can be prevented
- Erosion can be prevented and this preserves landscaping and turf
- Water damage to siding can be prevented
- Water staining on brick and stone masonry can be prevented
- Settling and cracking of sidewalks, patios and driveways can be lessened
- Exterior doors and garage overhead doors can be preserved
Keep the Water Flowing Away From Your Home
One of the primary reasons for leaks within a house are due to poor drainage from the gutter system installed on the house. Each and every spring, you should clean all debris from your gutters and inspect them to make sure they are properly draining the water off your roof and away from your house. If you find that your gutters are either damaged, or need replaced, Capitol Insurance Restorations provides complete services to accomplish this task for you.
Many times our gutter replacement service is used in conjunction with a roof replacement, new siding installation. Choosing Capitol Insurance Restorations to do all the work for you will greatly reduce the headache you might have hiring 3-4 other contractors. Contact us today so we can get started on your project!
Leaf Relief for standard gutters is more effective than other types of gutter protection at keeping natural debris; such as leaves and twigs, from blocking your gutters. Leaf Relief can drain 29.7″ of rainfall an hour-that’s more than the highest rainfall ever recorded (Holt, Missouri 1947 at 12″) in one hour. Leaf Relief is not only the most effective gutter protection system on the market, it is also the most invisible. Leaf Relief lays flat and fits snugly on top of your gutter. Leaf Relief’s 25 Year Warranty is your peace of mind that it will keep gutters from overflowing due to internal gutter clogging.
- Round perforations and a smooth finish prevent debris from sticking to Leaf Relief’s surface. Plus, the patented Aluma-Perf™ technology keeps leaves, needles, seeds and twigs out of gutters which are lifted away with a gentle breeze.
- The long length means fewer overlaps for a cleaner installation.
- Fewer overlaps mean less chance for debris to get in.
- Made of aluminum, Leaf Relief products keep their shape, regardless of climate
This feature is unique and assures a perfect, self-sealing fit on each installation.